Monday, December 27, 2010

Quarter Pipe

In the eighties and early nineties I used to make skate obstacles all the time. Launch ramps, quarter pipes, wall ramps, boxes, rails, and half pipes. My backyard was a mini skatepark. In Japan it’s pretty much impossible due to space and cost issues. I think it would cost three or four times to make one there. Anyway, since I was going to be in the states for nearly a month, I thought I’d try and make one again to pass some of the time. A day and a half later, my quarter pipe was done. The most challenging part I think was deciding on the transition and coping placement. In the end I went with a 7 foot transition (radius). Unfortunately, by the time it was finished my muscles were too sore to shred it. Just got a few pivots and sweepers in. And then it snowed. Now I’m waiting for a sunny day.

No comments: